Saturday, January 14, 2012

Year of 30

Greetings, all! It's a new year, so it's time for resolutions. This year, I have decided to avoid traditional resolutions and take on something brand new.

I will be turning 30 this August. Argh! Yay! I really vacillate between excitement and dread when it comes to this big birthday. I would like to begin my life as a 30-something as a better and more well-rounded person, so I came up with this 2012 challenge:


Year of 30
Challenges for 2012 - The Year I Turn 30

1. Lose 30 pounds
2. Connect or re-connect with 30 friends (phone, email, in person)
3. Make 30 donations to worthwhile causes (money, time, goods)
4. Try 30 new foods
5. Learn 30 new things
6. Read 30 books
7. Try 30 activities I’ve never tried before
8. Get rid of 30 things (trash, donate)
9. Get rid of 30 more things (trash, donate)
10. Write 30 blog entries
11. Create 30 new classroom activities/lessons
12. Meditate for 30 minutes 30 times
13. Cook 30 new dishes
14. Wear 30 different pieces of jewelry
15. Wear my hair in 30 different ways
16. Watch (or listen to) 30 baseball games
17. Organize 30 things
18. Take 30 interesting photographs
19. Volunteer for 30 hours
20. Give 30 unexpected gifts (time, $$, material things, etc.)
21. Watch 30 classic movies
22. Go on 30 outdoor walks
23. Write 30 handwritten letters
24. Memorize 30 things (quotes, Bible verses, poems, etc.)
25. Learn and use 30 new words
26. Watch 30 episodes of Star Trek
27. Learn 30 new things about family members
28. Listen to/watch 30 courses – online, DVD, or in person
29. Do 30 anonymous good deeds
30. Pick the 30 highlights of my 20s


The goal is to complete all 30 of these challenges by 11:59:59 on December 31, 2012. I hope to chronicle my Year of 30 journey on this blog. Let me know if you have any suggestions about things to do or experience, I would appreciate it!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I think I will make a list and start it on my 29th. "30 Stops on the Road to 30" or something clever. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just nominated you for two awards!! :) Check it out! Thanks for being an amazing teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I changed the name of my blog piece-of-cupcake-life! Here's my brand spankin new URL!

    www.teach-bake-love.blogspot.com

    Check it out!

    -Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you were inspired by the letters to your kiddos. It takes a lot of effort, but if it even impacts one student it is so worth it. I had a parent email me over the summer telling me that her son treasures his letter. She told me he wouldn't even let her read it without him watching her, to make sure nothing happened to it. I am so glad we have the fantastic world of blogging to inspire and motivate each other! :)

    ReplyDelete